What does ‘listen’ has to do with being resilient?
Listening has a lot to do with resiliency. To be an effective listener, you train yourself in eight different areas to:
1. Activate your awareness in which area you need support and your willingness to listen to your mentors or team.
2. Become totally present, focused, and attentive to listen to instructions.
3. Open your mind and be receptive to new views and new ideas without. judgements. That takes sincere listening.
4. Recognize when you are interpreting something totally different than what the speaker said and intended. Double click on the words to get the exact meaning from the speaker himself/herself.
5. Be focused to remember everything you heard, and you did not allow your mind to wonder.
6. Be calm and respond not react. Listening effectively allows you to understand the reality of the situation and to use your wisdom when responding.
7. Focus your “why” on building and strengthening your resiliency.
8. Building your resiliency is based on empowering relationships in your life.
So, you see, listening plays an important part in building your resilience.
Who to listen to?
To those who learned how they built their resiliency.
To the ones who care for you and love you in a selfless way.
To mentors and coaches who partner with you to bounce back to your normal self with power and determination.
To those who has the resources you need.
To those who support you become the best version of yourself.
To anyone who lifts you up, inspires you, and fuel you with the energy you need to keep going.
Who not to listen to?
To those who tear you apart and criticize everything you do.
To those whose negativity pulls your energy down.
To those who complain, blame, condemn, and swear all the time.
To anyone who affects your moral and causes you distress and discomfort.
What to do?
Practice becoming an effective listener as you are building your resiliency.
Keep your energy high and away from any negativity.
Enjoy the journey while you build your resiliency because when you bounce back you will bounce back with power!
Contact me or comment below if you have any questions.